Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fuel Lines, Gascolator & other stuff

It's been a while since my last post, but I have been working on my project. I installed my fuel lines, tank drain and mounted the gascolator to the firewall. I'm using poly fuel lines on the back side of the firewall as they are flexible, inexpensive and easy to work with. I didn't want to go through the firewall with my tank drain because I thought it added complexity, so I found a suitable spot on the floor behind the firewall and mounted it there. I did use a piece of .032 aluminum for reinforcing the floor as I will use this drain to check for water in the fuel during preflight. The photos below show the results of my labor.

Click on image to enlarge photo


 

On the front side of the firewall I had a 12" braided fuel line I had left over from a previous project and I found a exact match of it at Auto Zone On-line. This is way cheaper than to have them custom made. I also had some left over fire sleeve that I used to wrap them. I use stainless tie wraps that I found at the auto parts store to secure the ends of the firewrap.
 

I have been doing other work as well.  I have been rewiring my iCom A200 radio tray with new aviation wires. I find this to be necessary, but tedious work.

Santa came through this year with an Aircraft Spruce gift card for which I used to purchase an MGL E3 engine monitor. I guess I was a good boy in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope all your engineering and craftsmanship pays off. When do you think that you will be flight testing this baby?

    ReplyDelete